Home & Community-based Health Services
Home and Community-based Health Services are skilled health services. They must be…
- Provided to the client in the client’s home,
- Based on a written plan of care, and
Provided by a case management team that includes appropriate health care professionals (registered nurse, licensed vocational nurse, home health aide).
Services may include:
- Durable medical equipment
- Home health aide services and personal care in the home
- Day treatment or other partial hospitalization services
- Intravenous and aerosolized drug therapy (including prescription drugs given as part of such therapy)
- Routine diagnostic testing done in the home
- Appropriate mental health, developmental and rehabilitation services.
In-patient hospital services, nursing home and other long-term care facilities are NOT included.